Terms and Conditions
GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd Ltd > Terms and Conditions
ORDERS ARE ACCEPTED SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING
DEFINITIONS, INTERPRETATION AND GENERAL
1.1 In these Terms:
Authorised Representative means a senior manager of the Company.
Business Day means a day (other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday) CDM
Company, We, Us, GMD Roofing & Scaffolding or GMD Maintenance & Building means GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd.
Customer, Clients or You means the firm, company or other party with whom the Company contracts.
Contract means the contract between the Company and the Customer for the supply of Services in accordance with these Terms.
Contract Specification means the description or specification of the Services provided in writing by the Supplier to the Customer.
Goods means any goods or other deliverables supplied to the Customer by the Company.
Manufacturer’s Warranties means the warranties given by any third-party manufacturer in relation to Goods supplied by the Company.
Order means the Customer’s order for the supply of Services as set out in the Customer’s purchase order.
Qualifying Services means supply of Services by the Company, where (i) the Services to be supplied are for the complete installation of a new roofing installation to the Company’s own specification (not a Third Party Specification) and (ii) no Manufacturer’s Warranties are provided by the relevant manufacturer in respect of the Goods comprised in such Services and Qualifying Services shall, for the avoidance of doubt, exclude any remedial work, remedial repair or patchwork to any existing roofing installation carried out by the Company.
Safety Legislation means the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, the Work at Height Regulations 2005 and the CDM Regulations.
Services means the services, including the Goods, supplied by the Company to the Customer as set out in the Contract Specification.
Supply includes (but is not limited to) any supply under a contract of sale.
Terms means these terms of sale.
1.2 Any reference in these Terms to any provision of a statute shall be construed as a reference to that provision as amended, re-enacted or extended at the relevant time.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. No quotation or estimate given by us (GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd) constitutes an offer but is an invitation to treat, and is subject to GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd’s right to withdraw or amend it without notice. All orders based on this quotation are subject to acceptance in writing and no works will commence without a written order accepted by ourselves. Unless stated to the contrary this estimate has been based on material, labour, plant and equipment prices at the date of estimate, any subsequent increases in these costs will be charged. This quotation is open for acceptance for a period of 3 months from the date of tender unless an extension is specifically agreed by ourselves.
2. The prices and rates stated in this estimate are exclusive of Value Added Tax. In addition to the interim and final amount payable to GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd, the Customer shall be liable to pay such further amounts as equal to the VAT properly chargeable by H. M. Customs & Excise under the law on VAT in respect of the supply by GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd to the Customer of the goods and services included in this estimate and on any variations thereof.
3. Requests for payment in the form of interim applications will be made during the course of the Contract to the value of the work completed at that time together with the value of materials delivered to site or properly held in stock for the Contract by GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd. The first interim payment amounting to one third of the value of the estimate becomes due for payment on delivery of materials and plant to site. On completion of the Contract a detailed account application will be submitted showing the total value of the Works and all interim applications made and payments received. In all cases payment becomes due within 14 days of application including the VAT for which receipted invoices will be sent. In the unfortunate event of payment not being made by the due date, GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd reserve the right, after serving on the Customer a 7 day recorded notice, to suspend work on site until payment is received. Thereafter the Customer will be liable for additional costs and interest.
4. Interest will be charged at 8% per day or part of a month on overdue accounts.
5. No discrepancy in our account will be accepted as a reason for withholding payment on the due date and the right of title to all materials supplied remain the property of GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd or their successors until paid for in full. Materials and goods delivered to the job or site will remain our property until they are either fixed or paid for by the customer who will be responsible for their safe custody and for all loss or damage until the contract is completed. All surplus materials are GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd’s property and will be removed from site on completion.
6. The Customer shall not assign the contractual rights and obligations without written consent of GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd, who also reserved the right to subcontract sections of the Works as may be necessary.
7. GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd reserve the right to refuse to accept cancellation of an order where they have placed specific orders for materials or services required.
8. The words “Provisional” where used in this estimate indicate the amount included therein to budget for a specific item of work and this estimate is subject to adjustment by substituting for the provisional amount the value of the work carried out as notified by GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd to the Customer or at Daywork rates plus percentage additions quoted by GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd.
9. The value of any variations to the work included in this estimate ordered by the Customer either verbally or in writing or confirmed by GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd, whether by addition, omission or substitution of any work shall be added to or deducted from the prices stated otherwise stated in the estimate. No contra charges or claims will be accepted unless agreed by us in writing.
10. Copyright in all specification descriptions, quantities, prices, rates, drawings, designs, catalogue and other literary works described in this estimate vest in and remain the property of GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd and the Customer is not entitled himself or to authorise any person or firm to reproduce all or any part. Whilst every effort is made to be accurate, GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd cannot be held liable for any technical information or advice given at any time, nor for any design responsibility, unless the Customer shall have informed GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd in writing that they are relying on their skill and judgement, and that GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd have accepted such stipulation in writing.
11. GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd are fully insured against accidental damage to property and injury to persons. Irrespective of those insurances the existing structures together with the contents thereof owned or controlled by the Customer or for which the Customer is responsible, and the Works together with all unfixed materials, goods and items delivered thereto, placed on or adjacent to the Works and intended therefore (except plant, tools and equipment) shall be at the sole risk of the Customer as regards loss or damage by theft, fire, lightning, explosion, storm, tempest, flood, bursting or overflowing tanks, apparatus or pipes, earthquake, aircraft and any other aerial devices or articles dropped therefrom, riot and civil commotion. The Customer shall maintain adequate insurance against such risks and shall send a copy of this estimate, together with the conditions thereon to his insurers as advice that building works are being carried out on his property and shall make available such evidence of insurance to the insurance brokers of GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd.
12. GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd cannot be held responsible for any damage caused by the movement or vibration to ceilings or soffits and to areas where internal finishes are fixed to structural members or timbers supporting our work. S do not accept responsibility for any deterioration or damage to rainwater gutters and pipes which are already defective. Furthermore during the removal of roof claddings inevitably dust and debris will fall into the loft space beneath. The Customer is responsible for removing or protecting stored articles and possessions prior to commencement of the Works as we cannot be held responsible for the soiling which occasionally can occur under such circumstances. During the course of roofing works, GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd will use its best endeavours to ensure that the building will be kept watertight, however, from the very nature of the work involved it is not possible under severe or sudden adverse weather conditions to guarantee the exclusion of water through a roof which is temporarily open or an over night seal. Customers are, therefore, advised to make provision for protecting decorations and furniture and to remove any sensitive equipment which is likely to be exposed to possible water penetration in such an area to minimise any possible damage. GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd cannot accept liability for any consequential loss arising from failure to take these precautions.
13. Whilst reasonable precautions will be taken, GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to lower roofs, and additions over which we are required to work, nor for any damage to garden plants, shrubs, ornaments and the like. GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd reserve the right to request the Customer to remove or have removed at their own expense areas of sheeting or glazing, and to remove or otherwise protect anything as may be necessary to facilitate the erection of scaffolding or the safe progress of the work.
14. Scaffolding and mechanical hoisting facility to be erected including the obtaining of all necessary statutory and bye-law consents under the regulations in accordance with the Health and Safety Regulations and Public Highway Regulations. GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd cannot be held responsible for accidents or injury to any persons through the unauthorised use of or alterations to the scaffolding and hoisting facility.
15. Power and fresh water supply to be made available if necessary free of charge for the use of power tools etc and for the mixing of building materials or for any other purposes to execute and complete the Works.
16. The dates agreed for commencement and completion are subject to alteration in the event of delays occurring through inclement weather, strikes or lockouts affecting the Building Industry, additions or variations to the Works described in this estimate or any causes beyond the control of GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd and such extension of time as may be reasonably allowed shall be without penalty. All estimates are subject to materials and labour being available when required. Time shall not be essence of any contract with a Customer, and any delivery or completion dates are estimates given for information only and GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd will not be bound by such.
17. Unless stated otherwise, this estimate does not include the cost of provision by the Customer of adequate shelter and protection, sanitary convenience or mess room facilities required under the Health and Safety at Works Acts. Where these facilities cannot be made available by the Customer he shall notify GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd accordingly, and GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd may amend their prices stated in this estimate to take account of providing these facilities themselves. Under the same Acts the Customer is required to provide a safe place of working and that necessary and proper insurances are in place, and should this be found not to be the case. GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd reserve the right to suspend work and be granted an extension of time and additional costs whilst the place of work is made safe.
18. The Customer is responsible for providing adequate and safe storage for materials adjacent to the working areas and for safe custody of materials until fixed. Once our materials have been fully and finally fixed the Customer is responsible for protection and the cost of any damage or replacement caused by circumstances beyond the control of GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd. Where a driveway or other hardstanding area exists this is to be made available by the Customer for the parking of a skip waste container. Materials and goods will be delivered by us on public or private roads which we assume to be adequate to receive the load unless informed by the Customer in writing to the contrary.
19. Samples submitted for approval will show substance and general character only. No guarantee can be given regarding colour.
20. All guarantees on materials as issued by the manufacturers will be passed on to our Customers.
21. Where the acceptance of this estimate results in a Sub Contract order to GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd from a main Contractor then these terms and conditions will form part of that Sub-Contract order. No other terms and conditions expressed or implied by the Main Contractor will be accepted unless so agreed to in writing by GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd. In the event of the Main Contract being the JCT Form issued by the Joint Contracts Tribunal, GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd will accept a Sub-Contract order in the form of Domestic Sub-Contract DOM/1 approved by the Building Employers Confederation and the Federation of Associations of Specialist Sub-Contractors unamended without insertion of onerous conditions and embodying the terms and conditions of this estimate so far as they apply, and which will take priority In the event of inconsistency.
22. In the event of determination for breach of obligations by the Customer or for any other reasons beyond the anticipation or control of both parties, GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd shall be paid by the Customer as provided for within these terms and conditions.
23. In the event of dispute between the Customer and GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd then each party shall give the other notice in writing of such dispute which shall be referred to Arbitration with a request to concur in the appointment of an Arbitrator nominated by the President of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. The award of the Arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties including any order for costs.
24. In the result of a dispute we may immediately cease all current/ongoing works until such matter is resolved.
25. We ask that no cosmetic or other structural work is carried out until the works contracted to GMD Roofing services UK ltd. Have been completed. We regret that if any damage occurs to such works we will not be held responsible.
26.All times of competition stated on any estimate, invoice or verbally are estimates. The actual time may vary.
27.In the event of having to order material from an external company we can not guarantee the turn around time for the material which therefore may have an impact on the length of time the contracted job takes.
28. Stated times for completion are estimates only. A number of factors may change the stated completion time including but not limited to weather, materials, hidden obstacles etc
29. Some construction elements require only dry weather such as torch on roofing and therefore the absence of such weather will delay the completion time.
30. All materials remain the property of GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd. until final,complete payment is made regardless of any monies paid prior or during the job. Should any dispute arise before final payment has been made you agree to become liable for the cost of the material.
31. If you agree to a job start or allow our contractors on site to begin works this is deemed acceptance to any contract, estimate, invoice or verbal estimate. If you decide to cancel or halt the construction before completion you agree to pay for the time /materials and services rendered already out layed by GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd.
32. If you decide to cancel any works agreed in writing or verbal of any contract, estimate or invoice to begin to undertake works you agree to pay for the liabilities already suffered by GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd to the point of cancellation including but not limited to Administration, Material, Travel expenses, labour costs etc
33. Every contract to which these conditions apply shall be construed and operate as an English contract and in accordance with English law.
34. During the construction works we ask that no other person apart from an authorised person of GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd. enter the construction zone, including using the area as a through-fare. We regret that if any unauthorised person (a person not authorised by GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd) enters the construction zone we can not be held responsible for any damages to property or person.
35. In the event of a dispute after works are completed. If money is withheld, we retain the ownership of all material on site. We will work with you to resolve the issue however if the dispute is in regard to something not listed on a quote or invoice we will charge an additional cost to cover this. If the dispute is something covered within the estimate or quote we will endeavour to put right the dispute unless unforeseeable or as a result of negligence by yourself. Our liabilities will also be limited if you have had other trades/workmen/ yourself or family/friends on site working on or around the area. If the final balance is still not paid and we feel we have done everything reasonably possible to fix a dispute we will start processes to claim the outstanding balance including but not limited to removing materials from site.
36. We may remove materials from site if any balance remains outstanding after demands to pay. We will not accept responsibility for any damages caused by this process.
1. Should any defects due to faulty workmanship on a new tiled or slated roof with associated lead work or metalwork or flat roof within the stated guarantee time (available on your quote/estimate), such defects will be made good GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd free of charge. In the event of a claim under the Guarantee, the original estimate together with the receipted final invoice must be produced as evidence by the Customer.
2. All materials used will be in accordance with current British Standard Specifications where applicable and the benefit of any special manufacturer’s guarantees will be made available to the Customer.
3. The above guarantee expressly excludes defects caused by building movement, inherent faulty design, extreme weather, subsequent alteration or modification to the new roof and supporting structure, aerials and satellites, traffic across the roof, or other conditions beyond the control of GMD Roofing Services UK Ltd
4. The guarantee does not take effect until full and final payment has been received including the VAT thereon, and commences from the date of the presentation of the final account.